Chocolate Fudge Brownies
To kick off "Giftmas" I thought I'd introduce you to these AMAZING Chocolate fudge brownies.My MIL passed this recipe onto me many years ago and ever since I have been using any excuse to bake these gooey centred little morsels of pure delight.Trust me, once you try them you will have trouble sharing them with anyone else.The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it in one big pot, so there is minimal washing up.Ingredients:
- 250 grams of butter (unsalted)
- 250 grams of dark chocolate chopped
- 550g caster sugar
- 5 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 grams of plain flour (sifted)
- 50 grams of self raising flour (sifted)
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 50 grams of dark chocolate chopped (extra)
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan, cover base and sides with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan melt butter and chocolate together over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the sifted flours, cocoa and the extra chopped chocolate until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared pan and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 45 minutes or until it is firm.
- Cool in the pan before refrigerating until cold.
- once cold turn the brownie slab out onto a board and cut into approximately 4cm x 4cm squares.
- Serve on a serving tray or if gifting you can package it up to gift.
This brownie recipe will last up to 2 months in the fridge, that's if you aren't tempted to eat it all.Enjoy x