Super Crunchy Rocky Road
This week has been a crazy old week and the only way I am going to feel better is by having a chocolate fix!So today I am sharing with you my devilish and delicious recipe for Rocky Road. I love the crunch of this Rocky Road, and the way the nuts balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and cherries.In all of my recipes and craft ideas I try to make things simple so that you can try them at home without any fuss. You can enjoy making this recipe on your own or have a bit of fun making it with the kids. Because it is so quick and simple to make the kids won't lose interest halfway through.I hope you enjoy making this as much as you enjoy eating it!!NB: If someone in your family has a nut allergy you can substitute the nuts for something else. You could use pretzels or rice bubbles as a substitute so that it still keeps the crunch element.
- 400g of cooking chocolate (I used Milk but you can use Dark too)
- 1/2 cup of glace cherries
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 cup of clinkers
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Break the chocolate up and melt in a double boiler (keep stirring so that it doesn't stick to the pan).
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the pan from the stove and stir through the cherries, hazelnuts and clinkers. Make sure you do this quickly as the chocolate will set.
- Pour the rocky road mix onto your lined tray and put it in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Once it has set, cut the rocky road into chunky pieces.
- To give the rocky road as a gift, place the pieces into cellophane bags and tie the top with a ribbon or place into a beautiful glass jar.